Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mean Mommy Mondays

Monday is not my favorite day of the week. It brings on my 6:15am alarm for the next five days and my husband going back to work on second shift. When we are together it's an equal share of parental duties with the kids. I'm not always the "bad guy" and that's nice for a change. Once Monday comes it's a different story and the "Mean Mommy" comes out. My patience level is non-existent, there is sometimes lots of screaming and crying, (not just from the kids) and it usually means an early bedtime....for us all.

I do beat myself up about it. Realizing that whatever is bothering me is not the kids fault. I'm not perfect and the kids aren't perfect, and they don't deserve what they get....sometimes. I do find that on occasion, I end up coming to my children with my tears and my begging them to forgive me for the way I acted. I try and explain to them that it's not their fault, and Mommy should've have taken out my anger and frustrations on them. This follows by their tears and little hugs and kisses telling me they forgive me and then all is made right in our home. I feel better, they feel better and I have admitted my wrong doing and asked for forgiveness.

You would think that after going through this song and dance for the past couple years that I would recognize it and change it. But, no...I haven't. I'm not saying it happens every single Monday but the usual chaos seems to gravitate around a Monday. But, anyone who knows me, knows my children are my world and they know how much I love them and would do anything for them.  I know I'm not the only Mommy who has gone through this, I can't be. As far as Monday's go.....Blech!! I despise Mondays!

4 comments:

  1. Your are a great mom and that shows by the fact that you are willing to be humble and apologize to your kiddos! What a wonderful family you have. <3 I'm happy to be your friend. And to see you are blogging more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good mommies aren't perfect...and when they handle their short comings with honesty and humility, well... that's what makes them good mommies. And you are one terrific mom!

    Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww shucks....you know how to make a girl blush. You ladies are a pair of great mom's yourselves!!! Love you both very very much!!

      Delete
  3. Every mom in the world can identify with these emotions, Jackie. You are not alone! One look at your happy kids tells me you are doing great. :)
    I agree also that there is no need for Monday to start so EARLY. Why can't we all just sleep until the sun wakes us up? I bet there would be a lot less Monday Mayhem in households everywhere if we only slept in a little longer!

    ReplyDelete