Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Day We First Met

There's the life you live and the life you leave behind. But what you share with someone else, especially someone you love- that;s not just how you bury your past. it's how you write your future.
                                                                                                    -Mitchell Siegel-

I really didn't know what to write. I had no idea where to start, so I decided to write about something, or rather someone who means everything to me. That person would be my best friend, my soul mate, my husband.

I remember the day I met him. It was the end of October; cool, breezy, colored leaves everywhere. I was visiting my brother on the naval base where he was stationed and I had stepped outside to have a smoke. Standing out front with arms crossed and the most hateful look on his face was Ron...and I was attracted to him. He had a large dragon tattoo on his upper right bicep, blond hair, and blue eyes. Just looking at him I knew he was strong but caring and kind. I hesitated, but only for a second and then I spoke to him.

Many people say there is no such thing as love at first sight, and for some it doesn't happen that way but it happened to me. Many people said we wouldn't make it. Most fear the unknown but we took a chance and leapt for love, and after two months of dating, we married.
October is coming and as the leaves change and fall, I can't help but go back through those happy memories of when we first met. Its been ten yeas now and we have two beautiful children and I still get butterflies when I look at him.

1 comment: